MACXLine MACX450 Series 4 1/16 inch 50 Ohm Rigid Coaxial Line With Bellows
- Product Line:MACXLine
- Product Series:MACX450
- Transmission Line Type:Rigid Coaxial Line
- Line Size:4 1/16inch
- Nominal Impedance:50 Ohm
During transmission, RF heating of the inner and outer connectors causes differential expansion between them. With standard rigid transmission line, this expansion is compensated for with sliding metal bullets. Eventually this produces wear, hot spots—and burnout. Experienced broadcast consultants recommend replacing these bullets every seven years to avoid sudden failure.
The Solution... Eliminate sliding-contact wear by eliminating the sliding.
All expansion of the ERI, patented, MACXLine® inner connector is taken up with a flexible, built-in bellows; once put into service. Burnout and bullet replacement are eliminated. This advantage comes with no VSWR penalty or significant cost premium.
MACXLine® is manufactured by ERI from high conductivity copper tubing, outer conductors. Extra strength, custom PTFE dielectric disk insulators maintain precise mechanical alignment. Each section comes complete with a bullet/bellows assembly, stainless steel flange hardware and pressure sealing gasket.
All are available in standard channel lengths and field cut kits— and for 6-1/8˝ and larger sizes, broadband OPTILine™ versions for multi-channel DTV/analog broadcast applications is an option. WIDELine™ offers full UHF bandwidth, without prohibited channels, plus VHF capability for individual channels. Contact ERI with details of your application for an estimate.
ERI also supplies Inners Only™ replacement sections, allowing you to retrofit your old rigid line system (in most cases) with MACXLine® inner conductors. MACXLine® inners install quickly because they are similar to pre-existing inners. This allows retrofitting to be done in stages during night-time off air intervals.
Features and Benefits
- No planned replacement cycles
- Bullets never slide once put into service — eliminate the shavings that can cause arching at the flange and insulator areas
- No need for a redundant/ backup run
- Disk insulators ensure minimum VSWR and maximum power transfer to your antenna — fully utilize your transmitted power even at high ambient temperatures
- Impedance:50 ± 0.5 Ohm
- Maximum Frequency:1263 MHz
- Maximum Television Channel (US):69
- Velocity:99.6 %
- Peak Power:710 kW
- Net Weight:4.16 lbm/ft | 6.19 kg/m
- Outer Conductor, Outer Diameter:4.062 inch | 10.32 cm
- Outer Conductor, Inner Diameter:3.935 inch | 9.99 cm
- Inner Conductor, Outer diameter:1.711 inch | 4.35 cm
- Inner Conductor, Inner Diameter:1.631 inch | 4.14 cm
- Flange, Outer Diameter:6.188 inch | 15.72 cm
- Bolt Circle, Diameter:5.375 inch | 13.65 cm
- Number of Bolts:8
- Bolt Size:3/8 inch
MACXLine® MACX450 Series 4 1/16 inch 50 Ohm Rigid Coaxial Line with Bellows
MACXLine® MACX450 Series 4 1/16 inch 50 Ohm Rigid Coaxial Line with Bellows Brochure
Rigid Line Components and Accessories Rigid Coaxial Line System Components and Installation Accessories
Rigid Line Components and Accessories Rigid Coaxial Line System Components and Installation Accessories Brochure