ERI/iTECH i230ECx SUPERPANEL™ Compact Broadband UHF Antenna
The i230ECx is a compact broadband side mounted UHF television antenna suitable for main and auxiliary applications. The antenna is configured in a compact cylindrical radome, is very lightweight and low wind load. The base configuration is an 8-bay module that includes two inputs. The antenna can be supplied with an integrated hybrid power divider and phasing loop for fixed horizontal, elliptical or circular polarization or the system can be configured with a dual feed system that will allow for variable polarization ratios, that can be configured for the entire array or for each channel feeding the system. This broadband antenna is suitable for single channel systems or for the combined operation of more than one television station in a single antenna.
The antenna is available with a wide cardioid azimuth pattern, Model i230ECW, or a narrow cardioid azimuth pattern, Model i230ECN. Both models are housed in a compact 22-inch (550 mm) cylindrical unpressurized fiberglass radome.
The Model i230EC, is constructed with two separate inputs connected to dipoles which are inclined at ±45-degrees. In the simplest configuration the two inputs of each module are directly connected to a hybrid or a two‐way power splitter. By including suitable feed phasing, any desired polarization (horizontal, vertical, clockwise or counterclockwise) can be achieved. The system also provides the ability to modify the antenna polarization at the tower base. Should different channels require different polarization ratios the phasing can be adjusted to achieve the desired ratio by using a hybrid or in-phase power divider at the transmitter output. In these configurations it is possible to modify the polarization ratio of each channel independent of the others.
Standard antenna systems include 15-inch (381 mm) standoff brackets for mounting on poles or tower legs from 1.5-inches (35 mm) to 7.5-inches (191 mm) OD. Standoff support pipes, face mount brackets, and mounts for larger diameter poles are available from ERI as optional items.
- True broadband UHF panel antenna - 470 to 700 MHz
- Horizontal, Elliptical or Vertical Polarization
- Variable Polarization Ratio Capability
- ATSC 3.0 Ready
- Compact, Light, Low Wind Load Design
- 8, 16, and 24 Bay Configurations
- Power Handling Capability 20 kW Per Module
- Wide and Narrow Cardioid Azimuth Patterns
- Product LineSUPERPANEL™
- Product Seriesi230ECN and i230ECW
- Frequency Range470 - 700 MHz
- Multiplexed Versions AvailableYes
- Broadband ApplicationsYes
- PolarizationHorizontal | Vertical | Elliptical
- IP RatingIP56
- Maximum Power Rating60 kW
Specify operating channel on order and mounting requirements with order.
Type Number Definitioni230aCb - c - d
- i230ERI/IRTE i230 SUPERPANEL™
- aH = Horizontal | V = Vertical | E = Elliptical
- bN = Narrow Cardioid | W = Wide Cardioid
- c8 = 8-Bay | 16 = 16-Bay | 24 = 24-Bay
- dSpecify operating single channel, multiple channels or channel range
All i230ECx antenna are supplied with brackets for mounting on poles or tower legs from 1.5-inches (35 mm) to 7.5-inches (191 mm) OD. Stand off support pipes, face mount brackets, and mounts for larger diameter poles are available from ERI as optional items. Please contact ERI for a proposal for these requirements.
i230ECx SUPERPANEL™ Broadband Compact UHF Antenna Brochure