Job Title: Welder (MIG, Stick, TIG, Silver Braze, Structural, Antenna, Rigid Line, TV Tuning)
ERI applies the position “Welder” to employees with specialized technical expertise and work experience in bonding metals together by applying heat or electricity. The combination of expertise and experience is used to categorize Welders by Level 1, 2 or 3. There are several types of welding processes that ERI utilizes, such as Stick (SMAW), MIG, TIG Welding and Silver Brazing. Welders are encouraged, but not required to be proficient at all techniques.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings/sketches (weld symbols), work order traveler and any other documents provided.
- Setup and operate all equipment in compliance with the company operating procedures.
- Perform a wide variety of welding in flat and horizontal positions.
- Must have skills to layout, fit together and weld product to specified dimensions in acceptable time frames; checking for defects and ensuring conformance with specifications.
- Adhere to all safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Commit necessary effort and performance to ensure meeting production schedules.
- Maintain proper documentation, including tracking labor times and creating scripts (when required).
- Be a positive and helpful team member. Openly communicate in a professional manner with other team members and have an exceptional work ethic.
- Follow all Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Meet production and efficiency standards while utilizing safe work habits at all times.
- Move and position raw materials and finished products with use of overhead crane and/or fork truck.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of machinery and work area.
- Perform other tasks and duties as required by Supervisor and/or Managers.
Other Required Skills/Requirements
All Welders must be ERI certified. Welders are required to have a good understanding of basic plant physics and mathematics. Welders must be able to work with little supervision but also take direction from Team Leaders and Supervisors when given.
All Welders must pass ERI Crane and Fork Truck Training.