Job Title: Skilled Fabricator
This position will perform the functions of a Skilled Fabricator, with a wide range of knowledge of equipment, print reading and mathematics; with experience to work with minimal direction. The Fabricator will work from mechanical drawings to layout and fabricate slotted steel pipe. The Fabricator must posses an understanding of dimensional inspections using equipment such as dial caliper, tape measures, protractors and squares. They must be able to make the necessary adjustments to equipment so as to maximize efficiency.
- Setup and operate all equipment in compliance with the company operating procedures.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings/sketches, work order traveler and any other documents provided for machining product.
- Inspect quality and accuracy using precise measuring equipment.
- Commit necessary effort and performance to ensure meeting production schedules.
- Be a positive and helpful team member. Openly communicate in a professional manner with other team members. Set example for others by being a superior performer and problem solver.
- Adhere to all safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Maintain proper documentation, including tracking labor times and creating scripts.
- Follow all Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Meet production and efficiency standards while utilizing safe work habits at all times.
- Move and position raw materials with use of overhead crane and/or fork truck when necessary.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of machinery and work area.
- Perform other tasks and duties as required by Supervisor and/or Managers.
Other Required Skills/Requirements
This position will setup and run equipment in the structural steel shop. All Fabricators must pass ERI Crane and Fork Truck Training.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
This individual must have the ability to safely move throughout the manufacturing facility, to stand continuously, with occasional walking and sitting. The nature of this position will require a wide range of physical activities including, but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs, to climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending, and hauling. Repetitive hand motions are also required.
Must be able to perform duties for 8-10 hours per day and up to 6 days per week.
High School Diploma. Trade School graduate preferred. Machine operator background with 1-3 years of experience. Must be able to read and understand shop drawings. Must be familiar with precision measuring tools. Must be highly proficient in mathematical skills.