Job Title: Fabricator Helper
Fabricator Helpers are responsible for helping with the fabricating, tuning and testing of TV Antennas and Rigid Line, using mechanical drawings, engineering specifications and oral information supplied by the Team Leaders, Technicians and Supervisors.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings/sketches, work order traveler and other documents.
- Select and use small hand tools and special drilling and assembly fixtures.
- Apply basic math skills, including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using fractions and decimals.
- Work to close tolerance using extreme care in adjusting, fitting and aligning.
- Safely and properly use gauges, calipers and other measuring tools and equipment.
- Determine corrective measures necessary to make product acceptable.
- Be a positive and helpful team member, Openly communicate in a professional manner with other team members and have an exceptional work ethic.
- Adhere to all safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Commit necessary effort and performance to ensure meeting productions schedules.
- Follow all Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Meet production and efficiency standards while utilizing safe work habits at all times.
- Move finished products with use of overhead crane and/or fork truck.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Managers.
Other Required Skills/Requirements
All Fabricator Helpers must pass ERI Fork Truck and Crane training.
Must have a mechanical and/or technical interest and aptitude with the ability to work cooperatively with others.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The ability to stand continuously is essential with occasional walking and sitting. The nature of this position will require employee to perform continuously a wide range of physical activities ranging from pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects up to 50 lb, to climbing, crouching, kneeling and bending. Repetitive hand motions are also required.
Must be able to perform duties for 8-10 hours per day and up to 6 days per week.
High School Diploma required.