Job Title: Assembler (Filters, RLA, Rigid Line, TV)
Assemblers perform complex and difficult manual operations in connection with assembly or manufacture of a product utilizing a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications. ERI fills the position of
“Assembler” in many departments. Assemblers are encouraged to be proficient in all departments and may be rotated as needed to meet demands.
- Must have good manual dexterity and meticulous mechanical aptitude.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings/sketches, work order traveler (parts list) and any other documents provided.
- Be proficient in use of general hand tools (wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, calipers, measuring tapes).
- Be proficient in identification of fastening hardware, sizes and correct application.
- Setup and operate all equipment in compliance with the company operating procedures.
- Gather parts, subassemblies, tools and materials as required on drawings and work orders.
- Assemble and/or fit together parts to form complete units or subassemblies, to specified dimensions in acceptable time frames; checking for defects and ensuring conformance with specifications.
- Work to close tolerances using extreme care in adjusting, fitting and alignment.
- Move finished products with use of overhead crane and/or fork truck.
- Be a positive and helpful team member. Openly communicate in a professional manner with other team members and have an exceptional work ethic.
- Adhere to all safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Commit necessary effort and performance to ensure meeting production schedules.
- Maintain proper documentation, including tracking labor times and creating scripts (when required).
- Follow all Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Meet production and efficiency standards while utilizing safe work habits at all times.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area.
- Perform other tasks and duties as required by Supervisor and/or Managers.
Other Required Skills/Requirements
All “Assemblers” must pass ERI Crane and Fork Truck Training. Assemblers must also be trained in use of electro-mechanical equipment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
This individual must have the ability to safely move throughout the manufacturing facility, to stand continuously, with occasional walking and sitting.
The nature of this position will require a wide range of physical activities including, but not limited to pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying heavy objects up to 50lbs, to climbing, crouching, kneeling, bending, and hauling.
Repetitive hand motions are also required.
Must be able to perform duties for 8-10 hours per day and up to 6 days per week.
High School Diploma. Trade School graduate preferred.
Must be able to read and understand shop drawings.
Must be proficient in basic math skills.